The FAA couldn’t have made the process of registration any easier. The cost is only $5, and you can get it knocked out in about 5 minutes.
- Go to the FAA drone registration website.
- Create an account and choose the “Non-Model Aircraft” option.
- Select “Add UAS.”
- Use the Agribotix airframe number as the serial number.
- Enter your credit card information. Only $5 and it’s good for 3 years.
- Your certificate number will be emailed to you. You could be asked by an FAA official to produce this document in the field, so keep a copy in your drone case. I also keep an electronic version on my smartphone.
- Affix your certificate number (FAxxxx) on your drone. It can be on the outside or anywhere that can be accessed without tools, such as inside the battery compartment.
Please sign in to leave a comment.